Canon camera 350D the one I own does not come with a 2 sec timer as its competitors. The other problem is taking photos in the bulb mode without introducing shakes. Hence it made sense to wire out a simple wired remote with parts locally available. The only problem I faced while buying out raw materials was the 2.5mm Stereo Male Jack. It’s pretty unpopular and difficult to find. With a lot of searching in and around Bangalore I found only a 2.5mm to 3.5mm male to female converter.
The assembly was pretty easy it took about 3 hours including digging out my old Soldering Iron, wires and a suitable plastic casing to mount the assembly.
1. 2.5mm stereo male jack or 2.5mm male to 3.5 mm female converter.
2. 1+ mts of 3 channel insulated copper wire or old stereo headphone
3. 1 double-pole-single-throw switch [DP switch] – Panel mount type
4. 2 Click-Effect Push Switches – Panel mount type
5. A plastic or metal casing
1. 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo male to female jack converter - Rs.40
2. Double pole single throw switch - Rs.20
3. 2 click effect push switches 20 * 2 - Rs.40
Total : Rs.100